Need some goal setting help? You are not alone! Most people don’t, won’t and can’t set goals. The reason – they don’t know how, or have already set goals and failed. Maybe you have never set goals because you find it too overwhelming.
I'm going to show you:
is the simplest and best way to start setting goals? Maybe you are confused
and have a question – click here and ask for goal setting help, we are here to help answer any queries.
Goal setting help and working out how to breakthrough that barrier of "where do I start with goal setting?" can be used for you personally, for business, for your family for students and for kids.
Here are some goal setting basics for you to take note of and use.
1. If you have never set goals before, start with ONE short term goal, within a range of a month . This will stop the goal setting process from becoming overwhelming, and will also mean you will achieve it.
2. Write it down. Yes, I know you’ve heard it before, but you MUST write it down on a card and keep it in front of you. Why? Because you need to be reminded of it daily.
3. Be specific with the goal. Set one specific self improvement goal. Smart goal setting means you know EXACTLY what it is you want. Helping with goal setting means giving you the basics, so when I say specific, I mean specific. Don’t put down “I want to make a bit more money”, that isn’t specific enough. Got the picture?!
You need an end goal in order to begin on the whole goal setting process - so it is vitally important to take time to work out a specific goal.
Setting a money goal is OK, (I want to achieve $£ by ....), AS LONG AS you know how you are going to achieve it. What a lot of people do is have a goal of "I want $£ by ..... and then not working on it - they haven't taken time to do No 6 below. Don't fail on that bit - make use of the goal setting help given.
In most instances, having an activity goal rather than money will actually produce the end result of the money. In other words, the work you did during your goal setting time line produced the income.
4. Put a date on it. This is very necessary as it focuses the mind.
5. List the things/obstacles that will get in the way of this goal. It may be there won’t be any obstacles, in which case that’s great. But if there are, list them down and find a way to work around them. You will definitely come across times when things aren't going so well - this is the time to realise those goal setting obstacles and push them aside, focus and carry one with your plan.
6. Work out what to do DAILY in order to achieve this goal at the end of the month. Make a chart or table, with the days written out, and put in each day what you need to do. I guarantee this will help hugely with the goal setting process. It keeps you focused on your actions.
7. Be prepared to be completely disciplined to take daily action. If you don’t , you won’t succeed. This help is showing you how to achieve a goal within a month, that’s not much time out of your life to be determined to do something for yourself, is it? Put a post it note in front of your desk, or whereever you see it everyday, to remind you of what you want. This is very important, however silly you may think it is.
8. Visualise yourself reaching this goal. This always seems a bit silly to those that haven’t set goals before, but believe me, it works! What will you feel when you reach your goal. Having set one specific self improvement goal and reached it, will you feel ecstatic, elated, happy, relieved?
It's important to have that inner burning desire in order to attain your dream. You were looking for goal setting help, hopefully these points above will give you the motivation to go and take some action.
Remember, we're talking about the goal settingbasics here, one step at a time.
Achieve one goal, then start the goal setting process off again with another goal.
Ask any question you want resolved about goal setting here, or share an answer.
Click below to see goal setting issues that can be resolved.
Why can't I keep to my weekly goals?
I need some goal setting help, as per your page title and hope I'll find it here. I've been trying to set a goal for running twice a week to lose a …
CONNECT WITH US!